Here’s what happened…
Our customer had his 2007 bmw 325i scratched by another vehicle while parked on the street at night on the right hand side of the front bumper in February 2015. The other driver didn’t leave a note or anything, so he told his friend who recommended him to us. After he drove it to us and got a quote, we had arranged for him to drop off the car at 9am on Tuesday morning.
The job was a very minor one so he collected his car at 5pm (same day). It was a private job, as claiming insurance on a few hundred dollars is not worth it, as we can’t claim from the 3rd parties insurance company without a claim number.
The basic process of this repair was:
1) Remove the bumper and the grille.
2) Sand the affected area and add body filler.
3) After the surfaced has dried, we need to sand off the excess and make it smooth then apply the primer.
4) Now we sand the surface again to prepare it for the final spray paint.
5) We then spray the base coat using DuPont and finish it off with the clear coat from Glasruit.
6) After the parts have dried, we re-installed the part back onto the car.
As a note, the customer opted to just spray the effected area without spraying the other surrounding panels.
Find us here
62 Henderson Road, Clayton, 3168 Victoria.
or Call us on 8521-3496